Objective of the AICTE-CII Survey is to assess the current status of partnership between technical institutions and industry on six basic parameters such as curriculum, faculty, governance, infrastructure, placements and research and services / project & skill development.
About the awards
The AICTE-CII Survey is being jointly conducted with the AICTE since 2012.
The AICTE-CII Survey for Industry-Linked Technical Institutes maps industry linkages of Indian technical institutesin four broad streams – Engineering, Management, Architecture and Pharmacy. It showcases the best practices of partnerships with industry and highlights the strengths and weaknesses of the ecosystem of technical education in India.
At the end of the survey, awards and citations are given to the Best Industry Linked Institutes.
A detailed report is also released after the survey to give a detailed analysis of the survey findings and data collected regarding the depth of industry linkages of institutes across six parameters – governance, curriculum, faculty, infrastructure, services and placements. The report also categorized the institutes in Platinum, Gold and Silver category according to their scores obtained in the survey.
Standard Category: The course should have been in offering for 10 years or more on the commencement of survey
Emerging Category: The course should have been in offering for less than 10 years on the commencement of survey
The detail of the categorization of the awards are:
- Best Industry-Linked Chemical & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Civil & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Computer / IT & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Electrical & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Electronics & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Mechanical & Allied Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Engineering Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Chemical & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Civil & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Computer / IT & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Electrical & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Electronics & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Mechanical & Allied Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Engineering Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked NIT / IIT / IIIT
- Best Industry-Linked Management Institute
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Management Institute
- Best Industry-Linked IIM
- Best Industry-Linked Pharmacy Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Pharmacy Institute (Degree)
- Best Industry-Linked Pharmacy Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Pharmacy Institute (Diploma)
- Best Industry-Linked Architecture/Planning Institute
- Best Industry-Linked Emerging Architecture / Planning Institute.
Note: Course-age criteria is applicable to every course separately. It will not be calculated as per the age of theinstitute.
Who can apply
For Short Survey
All degree and diploma granting institutes in Engineering, Management, Pharmacy and Architecture. This survey has to be filled during the Approval Process of AICTE.
For Full Survey
On the basis of the Short Survey, institutes which fulfil the basic criteria are invited to participate in the Full Survey.
Why to participate
- Award for the Best Industry Linked Institutes
- Ranking of institutes to understand the level of industry linkages
- Get encourage at CII platforms (National and International) as one of the top institutes in the country
- Benchmark your institution among their counterparts in India.
- Feedback report of survey for the institutes
How to apply
The AICTE-CII Survey is an online survey which is hosted on the server of AICTE at www.aicte-india.org.
For the Short Survey the institutes have to submit their data on the AICTE portal during the annual approval process of AICTE. On the basis of the data submitted the institutes will be shortlisted for the second stage.
For the second stage AICTE will information to institutes about being shortlisted for next level data collection i.e. Full Survey. The institutes should log in to their AICTE portal with the login credentials provided by AICTE and click the tab “CII Questionnaire
The “CII Questionnaire” tab directs you to the online application form to be filled on the portal itself. There is no separate downloadable application form for the Full Survey. For ease of filling the data, institutes have been provided the facility of exporting data from their hard drives to the AICTE server.
A detailed ‘Help Manual’ (Annexure 1) is available separately to provide step-by-step assistance. This help manual can be used for easy understanding and reference. This will facilitate quick, easy and convenient filling up of Survey data. Those institutes which do not have an AICTE login ID can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for generation of special ID for the purpose of the survey.
Terms of conditions
All cases of arbitration will be referred to the Chairman of the jury and his word will be final in any matter of dispute.
The institute will be disqualified from the survey for the next three years for submission of any forged documents / incorrect data.
The institute’s name will be displayed on the AICTE website for being disqualified to participate in the AICTE-CII Survey of Industry-Linked Technical Institutes
There is no fee for registration/submission of application for the survey.
The entire process is online; no offline data or application will be entertained.
The application cannot be edited after the submission.
Criteria for Evaluation
At the end of the Survey, objective scores for each application, filled by the institutes selected in first shortlist, are generated. Based on the scores, a second shortlist is created. The objective scores of further shortlisted institutes are placed before a high-level jury comprising experts from industry and academia. The jury shortlists selected institutes for verification and further evaluation. The shortlisted institutes in this round are asked to give presentation either in person or over skype for the final evaluation. Final evaluation is done by a high-level jury and the winners are decided. The results of the survey are binding on all institutes.
Stage 1: Receiving Application
- Institutes apply for the survey on the AICTE Web portal using their AICTE login IDs.
- IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIMs & other University Departments obtain their login credentials for the AICTE web portal by sending an email to CII.
- Institutes are free to apply in multiple disciplines and streams (in Engineering) under the same application.
- Applicants have to fill the ‘CII Questionnaire’ and submit their applications online.
Stage 2: Internal Evaluation
- Each institute is given an objective score for every entry as per a pre-set algorithm.
- On the basis of objective score institutes are shortlisted for Full Survey.
- The shortlisted institutes apply in the Full Survey and submit their respective application.
- Objective score is given as per the preset algorithm.
- On the basis of these objective scores and NBA accreditation status of the programme, a shortlisting is done
- These marks for each institute are presented to the Jury for their consideration and further shortlisting
Stage 3: Jury Process or Selection
- The jury shortlists the institutes on the basis of the objective scores and the scores attained after evaluation of the documents.
- The shortlisted institutes are asked to give presentation either in person or through skype
- On the basis of their evaluation of the institutes, the final winner in each category will be decided.
|S.No,||Name and details|
|1||Dr. Y. S. Rajan
Dr Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor, ISRO
|2||Prof. Udaykumar R Yaragatti
Director, MNIT Jaipur
|3||Mr. Sanjiv Lal
Chief Information Officer & VP Corporate Projects
Tata Chemicals Ltd
|4||Mr Rohin Kapoor
Co-Founder & Partner, ProAce Edu Ventures LLP
Ex-Director & Lead, Deloitte India Education Practice
|5||Prof. Dr. Raju Chandrasekar
DS & CC R&D (Aero & Services Interaction), Distinguished
Scientist and Chief Controller, R&D (Aero & SI), DRDO,
Ministry of Defence
|7||Mr P M Bhosekar
General Manager & Head - Corporate Training Centre
Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.
|8||Mr Nirupam Srivastava
Hero Corporate Service Private Limited
|9||Dr Nirja Sharma
KHS Machinery Pvt Ltd
|10||Prof. (Dr.) NavinSheth
Gujarat Technological University (GTU)
|11||Dr K Kesavasamy
Head, Academic Interface Program
Tata Consultancy Services
|12||Prof. J.K. Mitra
Former Head & Dean
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University
Dr. Anil Kumar Nassa
National Board of Accreditation
|1||Chemical Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||Sona College of Technology, Salem||2018|
|2||Civil Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur||2018|
|3||Computer & IT Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||R.M.K. Engineering College, Chennai||2018|
|4||Electrical Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, Chennai||2018|
|5||Management||Standard-Degree||New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi||2018|
|6||Mechanical Engineering and Allied||Standard-Diploma||Thiagarajar Polytechnic College, Salem||2018|
|7||Mechanical Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||College of Engineering, Pune||2018|
|8||Pharmacy||Standard-Degree||Vivekanand Education Society's College of Pharmacy, Mumbai||2018|
|9||Mechanical Engineering and Allied||Standard-Degree||Sona College of Technology, Salem||2018|
|10||Pharmacy||Standard-Degree||Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai||2018|
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2019
- ASHE 2019
- EdCil CII Survey on Internationalisation of Indian Campuses 2019
- CII PWC Note on Internationalisation 2019
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2018
- AICTE-CII Survey 2017
- School Education Report 2017
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2016
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2015
- ASHE 2015
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2015
- CII - Nature Index 2015
- Glimpses of MoU Exchange Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan 2015
- CII-i3 Innovation Challenge 2015
- CII-i3 Award Winners 2015
- India Citation Index 2015
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2014
- ASHE 2014
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2014
- CII Directory of Top Industry-Linked Tech Institutes 2014
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2013
- ASHE 2013
- White paper on Administrative Reforms 2013
- Case Studies on Industry Academia Collaboration 2013
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2012
- ASHE 2012